As the Memorial Day Weekend approaches, and with summer not far away, the prospects for the resumption of normal travel in the U.S. and around the world continue to improve. Most notably in the U.S., COVID-19 cases are declining and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have updated their recommendations for travel. Expect more changes and modifications for travel recommendations as we move through the summer months. The bottom line: the more people receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, the sooner life will return to normal. Here are the highlights:
- COVID-19 cases in the U.S. have been declining since April 9, 2021. Deaths have also been declining since about that time. Source: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu.
- In the U.S. about 60.5% of the population 18 year and older has received at least once COVID-19 vaccine shot. Source: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations.
- Air travelers moving through TSA security passed 1.8 million people on May 16, 2021, which is the first time this has happened since the pandemic began. Source: https://www.travelmarketreport.com/Destinations/articles/TSA-Passenger-Volume-Tops-18-Million-for-First-Time-Since-Pre-COVID.
- The U.S. Congress has passed the Alaska Tourism Restoration Act, which will soon allow cruise ships to conduct round-trip sails from the State of Washington to Alaska. This legislation is pending presidential signature. However, this Act will allow cruises to Alaska to resume and assist in promoting tourism in Alaska. Source: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/593/text.
- For cruises, the CDC now states that fully vaccinated cruise ship crew and passengers can gather outside without a mask — the only exception being in crowded settings. Source: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/covid19-operations-manual-cso.html.
- A variety of summer cruises are available in the Caribbean by several cruise line operators.
If you’re ready to plan travel later in 2021, or in 2022 and beyond, contact us toll-free at 1.800.983.3652 or via our website contact form at https://seadogtravels.com/contact. In addition to our travel agency services, we are developing our immersive and thematic Sailing Sojourns (read: Pirates!) and have three Island & Coastal Adventures to Maine, St. Lucia, and the Cook Islands ready for the second half of 2022 (25% off through July 1!). Learn more at: https://seadogtravels.com. Naked Pirate Travels LLC is your choice for a better way to travel, by land and by sea. Freedom. It’s a State of Mind.