In an update today from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), fully vaccinated Americans can now mostly conduct their daily routines and travel without wearing a mask to guard against COVID-19. The information as it relates to fully vaccinated Americans for domestic and international travel includes:
- SAR-CoV-2 viral tests are not required before or after domestic U.S. travel unless required by local or state authorities.
- Self-quarantine is no longer required after domestic U.S. travel.
- Masks are still recommended when traveling in the U.S. and are required on public transportation and at transportation hubs, such as at airports and train stations.
- Continue to socially distance with people who are not traveling with you.
- Continue washing hands often and using a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- For international travel, entry into the U.S. still requires a negative COVID-19 test within three days of the return to the U.S.
- After international travel, get a COVID-19 test within 5 days of your return.
For more information, visit the CDC website for travel recommendations here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html.
“This is a very promising development that is just another step toward the resumption of widespread travel,” said Paul Hardersen, CEO of Naked Pirate Travels LLC. “While the COVID-19 pandemic is not yet over, we are hopeful that the continuing vaccination campaigns in the U.S. and around the world will end the pandemic later in 2021, which will witness the resurgence of both domestic and international travel. The U.S. travel industry has already begun an initial rebound and we are working toward the day when we can all travel again — safely, responsibly, and in a sustainable manner.”
Naked Pirate Travels LLC is a unique, nautically-themed and environmentally focused travel company that offers tall ship sailing adventures, island and coastal small group travel, boat/RV brokerage services, and travel agency services. Visit our website at https://seadogtravels.com and explore all of our current and upcoming travel experiences and services.