As we all continue sitting at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic, now’s a great time to start planning for your next travel adventure. The end of the pandemic is now somewhat in sight, vaccines are becoming available, and we expect the larger travel industry to get back into the action later this year. It’s about time, right?
If you’re ready to hop aboard your next luxury cruise, it’s worth the time to do some comparison shopping. Many of the luxury cruise lines offer the same thing in terms of destinations, accommodations, and amenities, but there are differences worth noting. Comparing and contrasting their features and knowing what you want will help you pick the right cruise line.
So, with this in mind, your Pirates have compared and contrasted eight luxury cruise lines: Atlas Ocean Voyages, Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, Seabourn Cruises, SeaDream Yacht Club, Viking Ocean, Windstar Cruises, Regent Seven Seas, and Silversea. This review is a summary of our comparison — be sure to watch our YouTube Page to watch the full comparison. It’ll be available online soon.
- Want to try out the new entrants in the luxury cruise market? Then check out Atlas Ocean Voyages and the Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection — both conduct inaugural sails once the pandemic ends.
- Want an expedition ship that travels to exotic locations? Atlas Ocean Voyages will soon have the most expedition ships, but Seabourn, Viking, and Silversea also have ships ready for Arctic, Antarctic, Amazon, and other amazing destinations.
- Want a small ship with few passengers and the most intimate atmosphere? Then try SeaDream Yacht Club and Silversea, as they have ships that carry only about 100 passengers each.
- Want to sail to Africa, the Middle East, and India? Seabourn Cruises, Regent Seven Seas, and Silversea can take you there.
- Want to go all-in on a world cruise? Seabourn, Viking Ocean, Regent Seven Seas, and Silversea offer annual trips around the world.
- Want a cruise line that includes round-trip airfare? Then take a look at Regent Seven Seas and Atlas Ocean Voyages.
- Want to sail to the Black Sea? Only Atlas Ocean Voyages will soon offer that option.
- Want the fun of a themed cruise? Then check out SeaDream Yacht Club, Windstar Cruises, Regent Seven Seas, and Silversea.
- Want to charter an entire ship? Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, SeaDream Yacht Club, Windstar Cruises, and Silversea are ready to help.
- Want a cruise onboard a sailing ship? Only Windstar Cruises can fulfill that for you.
- Want a cruise line that caters to people with vegan, gluten-free, and/or raw dining requirements? Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and SeaDream Yacht Club can help you.
- Prices and All-Inclusiveness. Most of these cruise lines feature “all-inclusive” prices, but be sure to check what’s actually included, what isn’t, and factor that into your budget. Then you’ll be able to make a good choice based on both your budget and where you want to travel. Happy sailing!